Comments are welcome, though if yours doesn’t appear immediately, please be patient as it may simply have gone to moderation for whatever reason.
However, there are a few ground rules which you should observe:
- Stay on-topic. Stick to discussing the specific subject in the original post itself. In particular, make sure that you are responding to specific points raised by the post you are commenting on. Comments that say nothing more than “evolution is only a theory, stop presenting it as a fact” or “evolution is a fact, get over it” without saying anything more substantive are just noise and a drain on everyone’s time. These, and other off-topic comments, may be deleted as spam.
- Don’t spam. Links to external sites are welcome provided that they are relevant to your post, for example by providing citations for your sources, or presenting your position in greater detail than can be included in a single comment, or referring us to a response you made earlier. Off-topic links will result in your whole comment being deleted as spam.
- Be civil. Personal attacks, insults, name-calling and ad-hominem attacks are not appreciated.
- Don’t keep going round in circles. If someone raises an objection to a point that you made, don’t just respond by blindly repeating your point without qualification. Instead, bring something new to the table that adequately responds to their objection.
- Don’t expect others to do your Google searches for you. If you make an assertion, it is your responsibility to provide links to sources to back it up.
Please note that I reserve the right to edit, delete or close off comments, or to block individual commenters who repeatedly fail to follow these rules.